Monday 26 July 2010

Letter to Mr Hawker

26th July 2010

Dear Mr Hawker,

On the morning of Thursday 22nd July I was making coffee in my kitchen when I happened to gaze out the window and notice, on the wall separating the downstairs garden from our right-hand neighbours... a pheasant! Now, I’ve lived in North London for years and while I’ve seen plenty of rats, maybe even millions, the idea of a pheasant making itself known in this or any surrounding area is surely the stuff of Hans Christian Andersen (a famous writer)!

I have contacted the RSPB, who suggested that I get in touch with you. Perhaps one of your pheasants has wandered from the fold? I only take such a keen interest because as a former birdwatcher I fear for the safety of a rogue pheasant in this fox-heavy borough!

I know you must be extremely busy, but I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

P Chianta